THIS IS GENERAL INFORMATION AND DOES NOT REPLACE ADVICE FROM GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS OR YOUR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL.
COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing is being provided by Banksia consistent with CDC recommendations to increase testing availability to reduce community spread of COVID-19.
Your COVID test will be conducted by trained health personnel.
- We offer group/family pricing as well as discounts for repeat testing: PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com
- We offer FREE testing for those with demonstrated financial hardship: PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT TEST INFORMATION
- Banksia has Missouri Department of Health approval to conduct COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Tests (CLIA number: 26D2204256). All tests are conducted consistent with the test manufacturers instructions and all results are expected to be within the limits of performance of the test. We adhere to CDC Guidance Documents for the conduct of COVID-19 testing and reporting.
- We conduct Rapid Antigen testing for COVID-19 using the BD Veritor(TM) Plus System which has been granted Emergency Use Authorization by the FDA. It requires a shallow Nasal Swab. B.D. states that there is a 98.2% probability that a Negative result is correct and a 99% probability that a Positive result is correct. This means that for every 100 people that test negative, approximately two will have a false negative, i.e. you DO have COVID-19 but tested negative.
- A negative test does not guarantee you do NOT have COVID-19. According to C.D.C. guidelines for Rapid Antigen Tests, accuracy is optimal approximately 5 days after exposure or upon initial symptom onset. Testing conducted earlier than this, especially if you are asymptomatic, or late in the course of infection, may result in a negative result even though you have COVID-19.
- If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19 and/or you are symptomatic but test negative for COVID-19 from a Rapid Antigen Test, you should continue to follow C.D.C. guidelines for isolating/quarantining and consider a RT-PCR (Laboratory) confirmatory test or a follow up Rapid Antigen Test if you develop symptoms and have known exposure to COVID-19, or speak to your Healthcare Professional.
- All tests, Antigen or PCR, have a limitation of performance. No test is 100% accurate and you should read all information about the testing on this page. Duck & Roll and Banksia accept no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of the test results and by taking the test you waive all claims against Banksia or Duck & Roll.
- A CLIA-certified testing site must report antigen diagnostic test results to the health department in accordance with Public Law 116-136, § 18115(a), the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The CARES Act requires “every laboratory that performs or analyzes a test that is intended to detect SARS-CoV-2 or to diagnose a possible case of COVID-19” to report the results of each such test.